Sign in to follow this  
Zephyr One/Zero

Texas on School Shootings: ‘No’ to Confiscation, ‘Yes’ to Good Guys with Guns

https://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/08/07/texas-on-school-shootings-no-to-confiscation-yes-to-good-guys-with-guns/

"Confiscation orders, often referred to as Red Flag laws, became a go-to law for gun controllers after the February 14, 2018, Parkland high school shooting. Under such policies, the seizure of firearms can occur after a family member or law enforcement express concern that an individual may be a danger to himself or others. This triggers a hearing, which can be held ex parte, in which a judge can order the removal of guns and ammunition from a particular gun owner."

I can see a judge getting shot for that order in my state.

Confiscation won't stop mass shootings any more than it stops single shootings anywhere else it has been implemented.

You never know when a crazy person is going to show up at a school with a gun to commit murder, the only way to stop them is to increase the number of people legally armed in schools to stop them when they show up.

There we go again, a removal of a right without due process (the ability to mount a defense and face your accuser) and the lefties will go "Hey a judge signed it so its OK."

"Jews shouldn't own guns. Here's a list. Now where's the friendly judge." Adolph Hitler

Damn people are so stupid.

Tj

• Like 2

One has to believe that the lawyers at the NRA and the GOA, etc. are looking for that perfect case

the can work up to the Supreme Court. I don't think it will hold up.

There was a recent 4th Amendment case involving tracking people through cells phones (the decision says it applies to

new technologies like GPS ankle monitors for probationers also) that were granted with a Court Order and not a warrant.

I think this case would appy to these "red flag" laws that are working off of Court orders instead of warrants.

I left it at work, I'll get the citation tomorrow.

Our ankle monitor providers are freaking out, and are trying to get around the ruling by not providing us with specific GPS coordinate locations

on the defendant. I think they are pounding sand. I think this ruling can really be effective in court-ordered seizures which are basically working off of reasonable suspicion, where if adhering to the Constitution, the cops and Court should be using the probable cause and a warrant for a legal seizure.

I am optimistic about this ruling, because the guy that was at the 6 banks when they were robbed according to his cell phone records got off.

Where this ruling will help us, IMHO, is the Court ruled that there must be a warrant signed by a Judge before a seizure is made, barring exigent circumstances. Exigent circumstances render the red flag laws moot, and without a warrant (for what?) the seizure is unconstitutional.

The more guns you have in the hands of law abiding is the only answer.