Flesh Wound

Dang, that was easy. (some 10/22 upgrades)

As some of you know I recently bought a used 10/22 at a pawn shop. Hated the aftermarket stock it came in. So I replaced the stock with a Magpul Hunter X-22 and added one of those inexpensive slings that were posted in another thread.

Well I cannot just leave well enough alone. I hate slotted screws. I always manage to slip the driver off and either bloody myself or scratch something. so I ordered a replacement screw with a hex drive cap screw head.

While looking at things I also decided to make a replacement buffer. A 70 cent 1/4" x 3" nylon screw was bought at Ace Hardware. Trimmed to length in the lathe.

And last but not least... When I replaced the aftermarket stock I discovered a bunch of rust on the exterior of the barrel where the band held the front of the stock. I was not at all happy about that.

So last week while recuperating I was surfing FeeBay and found a new take-off factory carbine barrel for $37 shipped. Perfect. I abused my PayPal and the barrel arrived here today.

Made the new buffer, swapped barrels and put it all back in the stock with the new retaining screw. I am happy. And dang that was easy.

No pics. The buffer replacement thing is easy to find online. The rest is also so simple even I can do it!

:segrin:

• Like 2

Very cool! Glad to see you're feeling well enough to take on some projects!

Yea, easy work so I'm not too stressed.

How long before you get to take that bad boy out for a test spin?

I agree FW. 10/22s are easy breezy. A couple screws, and the whole thing falls apart in your lap.

Cool !

How long before you get to take that bad boy out for a test spin?

I'm hoping for next weekend. I'm still finding myself lacking much in the way of stamina.

I agree FW. 10/22s are easy breezy. A couple screws, and the whole thing falls apart in your lap.

Yea. Ridiculously easy.

Cool !

Thanks!