[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
captainbarred

How is Arizona these days??

I know you have some jackasses trying to pass an AW ban like NY has right now.  God willing it gets squashed!!!!

But I recently found out about an interesting potential career change/opportunity with some family I have in Pheonix...

What do I need to know?

Think that gun bill will get shot down?  How's North Pheonix?  Is there land (10+ acreage) that can be bought around the outskirts?  or is it miles and miles of suburbs like surrounds most cities in NY?

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That great of a place to live eh?  :lol:

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well ya do have Dillon their........:tongue:

When we went to Chandler in 2018 for the Bondurant driving school ya could not pay me to live in that area, the Scottsdale gun club is extremely nice, ya have The Wilderness there also and they are great people....but woza....not only is it HUGE, but the ring roads are very nice, smooth, but packed....yep it's a HUGE city, was very nice....but hot enough to melt people.......

But it is very nice for a desert :D:

Yeah, my biggest thing is I remember it being almost claustrophobic with the neverending suburbs.  Im used to driving a short ways and having forests and fields and open land.  Id love being in the desert, but its more like living in suburbia!!

Arizona is high on my list of places to go to retire, if their AWB doesn't go through that is. I'd want to be a little bit out of the desert, maybe northern Arizona, up in the hills a bit, at a high enough elevation that they get snow and actual seasons. 

1 hour ago, Pepper said:

Arizona is high on my list of places to go to retire, if their AWB doesn't go through that is. I'd want to be a little bit out of the desert, maybe northern Arizona, up in the hills a bit, at a high enough elevation that they get snow and actual seasons. 

When we camped outside Flagstaff it was a nice cool shaded area with lots of trees, was told that area is much better than down in the valley.....but while we have driven thru AZ many times and spent lots of time in Tuscon area, you could not pay me enough to live their.....

I know the VA hospitals are over ran by snow birds that winter in AZ and then a ton that moved to AZ, it seems it's the next up and coming Florida for military retires and vets.

I would stay away from anything near Maricopa county. Only reason I go there is to visit family. It is way over crowded and changing fast.  Come down and spend some time.  Any other questions just ask. Ill try to  come around more often.

Arizona lacks only one thing I miss, an ocean. If you hate both intense heat AND cold this is the place. It can break 100 degrees where I live, but won't reach 110plus like Phoenix. And in less than an hour I can be in Ponderosa Pine forests at 7 to 8 thousand feet with cool air and icy streams. In the winter I seldom see snow unless I drive to find it. On the one day we had some last  year I drove my wife's new AWD SUV around to do some drifting. I only did  it once 'cause I'm too old for reckless driving tickets. :bignono:

I have a cousin who retired to Scottsdale and they love it there.

AZ is great. I've lived in PHX since '98 and am way retired so we are looking to move to BFE in the future so I can have my own reloading building plis a range and the wife can have her sewing studio. I want to be able to shoot at night and not bother the neighbors. When I do that here they get a bit testy.

Greg