[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
puke

800-X vs SR4756 powders

800-x, in my experience, Does not yeild a very low velocity spread in my 1911 10mm.. Even when trickled with my electronic powder thrower (Hornady), I think the average spread is 30 feet (at least). Don't have my notes in front of me so don't quote me on that.   Right next to 800X, in the burn rate chart,..is imr sr4756.  I have some of that, and have never opened it.  Does anybody out there know much about it? It has to measure better than 800x,. Since it's sitting next to 800x on the burn rate chart,..I would think someone may have done some workups on it (but not IMR since I see no "imr" loads for 10mm using sr4756.). I thought I might try it before I just switch back to power pistol. Anybody out there have any experience with SR4756?

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Years back when they announced SR4756 was ending production I stocked up on it. I use it for 9mm, 38sp, 357M, 40S&W, 10mm, 44M. For light target loads I use SR7625 in 38sp and 44sp. But back to SR4756, burns clean, consistent FPSs', excellent for max and near max loads. My MAXIMUM for with Remington 155gr JHP is 10.0 grs in a S&W 1006 for 1300fps. I typically back down to 9.0 grs. for normal use.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]