[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
WhiteGTDropTop

Bought my first 1911

[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

18 hours ago, GLShooter said:

I run Metalform magazines in all my single stack guns unless I happened to run into a deal on REAL Colt mags.  I have right on 50 of them in 45 ACP that have never bobbled in all the years I have shot them. Wilson magazines were made by Metalform for years and they were  a huge industry behind the scenes supplier back in the early 80's. The modern equivalent of the company  is ASC that are being sold with boutique base plates. I suspect almost all STONER mags from Midway are ASC in origin.

Greg

Always wanted to try Metalform mags, but never ended up getting any. Have not purchased any mags for the 1911s in years & the last ones I got were shooting star ones on base/close out pricing.

Might see if I can track down some metalform 9mm mags at a decent price and grab a few

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
These are the Wilson mags I’m running

Mags

Thanks Rampy I will check them out.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
3 minutes ago, WhiteGTDropTop said:

Thanks Rampy I will check them out.

Sean

You can see it in this picture 

SyyuMQO.jpg

Edited by Rampy

You can see it in this picture 

SyyuMQO.jpg

Thanks. My 1911 came with 8 rounders so I wanted to get two 10 rounders even though they will stick out a little bit.

Sean

17 minutes ago, WhiteGTDropTop said:

Thanks. My 1911 came with 8 rounders so I wanted to get two 10 rounders even though they will stick out a little bit.

Sean

I carry a 8 rd in the mag, spare 10 rd and 1 in the pipe, this way the mag being flush conceals a tad better than with the 10rd mag 

Well I took the 1911 and both mags to the range this morning. Ran FMJ out of one mag and hollow points out the other. Both ran fine. Ejected a half shot mag and the next round was just barely forward in the mag. Everything seems to be fine. I ordered 2 10 round metalform mags this morning. I will try them when they come.

Sean

• Like 1

That slight forward is not unusual. Inertia does that on the top round.  One could tweak the lips a tad but I don't recommend that unless you have the tool and several mags to learn on.

Greg

• Like 1

That slight forward is not unusual. Inertia does that on the top round.  One could tweak the lips a tad but I don't recommend that unless you have the tool and several mags to learn on.

Greg

Yeah I won’t mess with it.

Sean

All the aftermarket 1911 mags, that I have used over the years, have been great functionally:  Chip McCormick, Wilson, Tripp Cobra Mag, Metalform, and Check-Mate.   Top Gun has pretty good prices on pistol mags, if they ever have any in stock. 

https://www.topgunsupply.com/magazines/1911/check-mate.html 

[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]