[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
redbarron06

If you have a P320/M17/M18 maybe consider this.

The Wilson Combat grip module.

Of course this one is for the M17 with safety.  I like it more than the factory grip.  Not that I had big complaints about the factory one but I was looking for a small size module.  After waiting for about 2 weeks and not finding any in stock anywhere, including Sig.  I decided to go this route from Midway USA.  Less than $70 and it is a great upgrade for the price.  

Pictured here on my M17 with Streamlight TLR-VIR2.  Other than the straight trigger (also recommend that upgrade) the gun is bone stock.

large.1368E558-0E94-4F29-BF53-F3C09E0FBA

M17 with WC grip

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Sorry we can't show this  content because you do not have permission to see it" on all pictures you tried to upload today..

EDIT: oh, and a frowny face

Edited by Snake46
Add

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
1 minute ago, Snake46 said:

"Sorry we can't show this  content because you do not have permission to see it" on all pictures you tried to upload today..

EDIT: oh, and a frowny face

:huh:

Well let me dig around

Can you now?

Yes..and I like it!

15 minutes ago, Snake46 said:

Yes..and I like it!

Thanks.  While the texture does not seem as grippy as the stock, it is lower cut, a smaller diameter that seems to fit the curves of my hand and the trigger guard is more undercut for a deeper purchase on the handgun.  I have not shot it yet but with some luck I will this weekend.

If you have the p320 I would be looking into the lawsuits against sig. 

Even after the trigger repair they are still having issues. Also for everyone going to comment that they don't have a problem with theirs... neither did the guys whose handguns went off while carrying them. 

59 minutes ago, Derk_digler24 said:

If you have the p320 I would be looking into the lawsuits against sig. 

Even after the trigger repair they are still having issues. Also for everyone going to comment that they don't have a problem with theirs... neither did the guys whose handguns went off while carrying them. 

Are they having issues with the ones with manual safety after the recall?  I know that several were recalled from the Army (the originals with tan controls), not sure why those were recalled but the current issued ones are black controls.

Honestly I just heard about it yesterday and haven't looked anything up. But from what I was told the guns that were fixed (trigger/safety or whatever) are going off without the trigger being pulled. I will look for some info now.

Skip to 1:10 mark

Edited by Derk_digler24

Another lawsuit which is being settled 

Skip to 4:10 mark to skip through the BS

This is for guns made before Aug 2017.  Mine was made last year.

• Like 1

SIG takes a huge hit with me for not issuing a safety warning and a recall when the un-commanded discharges started adding up. Yet some Sheriff was convinced to buy 800 P320s which would be GTG until fixed. Only 3 Officers injured...

Really ?  

This history of safety problems  that includes the "upgraded version" without a recall is unconscionable, IMO. 

It is even harder to believe they did not issue safety warnings and a recall with so many documented incidences of

un-commanded discharges involving Peace Officers and their holstered weapons. These are too numerous to all be the fault of the operator, by far. They could have at the least issued a warning to carry the 320 with an empty chamber, but this would have destroyed their LE sales, hurt their civilian sales, and may have put their Military contract at risk.

The demand for a total rebuild by the Military for "everything that makes the gun go boom"  is very damning.  Without the manual safety, it makes me wonder it the Military would have accepted them. 

My biggest problem is not SIG having design problems on their first ever mass produces striker fired design. 

My problem is management's callous disregard for life and limb and the obvious failure to issue a safety warning and recall after all of the evidence of  2 serious safety problems in their hands. I think their reasons for minimizing the danger is obvious.   IMO, there is no excuse for this from a firearms company with the stature of SIG.  That they would allow these pistols to stay in the public's hands, and in Peace Officers holsters is unforgivable.  I don't know yet if the Military model with the manual safety has eliminated all safety issues.  Given the number of un-commanded discharges, I can not see how a reasonable person would not conclude that SIG was negligent in not issuing a recall. We have all seen recalls and safety warnings for less serious issues with much less frequency, usually because any problem involving safety was handled immediately.  All firearms manufacturers have had design problems and safety issues. It's how they are dealt with that's important. When it comes to a long list of documented un-commanded discharges, there is only one recourse. At least when over half a billion dollars in Military contracts is not involved, along with all the LEO and increased civilian sales that go along with such an honor. 

I take no joy in my conclusions about SIG, but it was the trigger problems and "upgrades" on their 365 that made me pass over one a year or two ago. I feel bad for the employees of SIG, and the possible harm they may suffer, especially if their is an impact on the Military contract. Once SIG/SAUER stopped using stamped steel frames, I have always been impressed with their products.  However, I will not be traveling to buy a used 365 Pro model.  The people I have a problem with are the managers who saw the number and circumstances of these un-commanded discharges, and gave no warning or issued no recall. SIG's owner's manual being contrary to their their advertisements guaranteeing safety, and the evidence of SIG being entirely aware of these diligently documented problems with LEO and civilian sidearms, and I honestly don't know how the management and the engineers aware of what was going on could sleep at night. I pray that our Armed Forces who have been issued this sidearm are safe. 

I am very interested in finding the specifics on the final design changes on the latest pistols, and exactly what SIG has changed to make the pistols safe.  In all sincerity, I hope all of our (rightfully so) SIG fans are extra careful with their striker fired models, because with SIG withholding some Court Discovery materials until the day of the deadline, there is a possibility there is more to this iceberg.  I really hope there's not.  

John

I am still going to buy Sigs...... mine were purchased in 2018 and 2019

On 7/18/2020 at 5:37 PM, gshayd said:

I am still going to buy Sigs...... mine were purchased in 2018 and 2019

Congratulations. 

They don't offer a subcompact grip module.