[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
kevzskim4

what is wrong with me?

On my way to trade a 2019 challenger scat pack for a 2020 challenger scat pack widebody...

Wife just shakes her head.

But it seems like supply chain for new cars got strained, which shot up my value of used...so I couldn't resist.

Pics coming later.

• Like 2

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well that ended quickly - 4 hours yesterday and 70 miles and new one had complete engine failure.  Waiting to make left, engine sputtered and stopped (kind of chitty chitty bang bang style) and that was it. 

Beyond furious.  Dealer (first time working this dealer) has been totally aloof...Finally got an e-mail back that it's an engine issue, and the SRT tech is out on Saturdays...Nice $55k paperweight.

Dodge better make this right.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They had better give you your car back until they fix the new one......

I. Would. Lose. My. Mind. I get the tech being off for the weekend, but I'd request a loaner of some kind ASAP, my old car, whatever, until they got it fixed. 

Wow!!!  That really sucks.  Brand new car!!  Hope they can make it right for you, new engine, or even a different car.

So far dealer has not been helpful.  When I called the salesman on Friday afternoon, I would have expected something in my driveway to use when I finally got home. 

They close early on Friday, so no one to talk to.  Saturday morning service advisor called and left message.  Said car got towed in, but doesn't know why.  Called back and left a message that it's dead, I need something to drive.  No response...Sent an email, no response.

Sent an email to the GM around noon - said that I was hoping he was aware (as a business, I'd like to know if something like this happened).  Gave him the rundown, said I have not gotten any response.  Asked how I'm supposed to get to work on Monday.   Wasn't near my phone later in the day when the sales person I had been dealing with finally called me back.  He's like "I understand you need a loaner, we can help you with that.  I'm on my way out for the day, but we'll talk Monday morning."

And then there is Dodge - filed a claim through them on Friday night.  For something like this, the person on the phone can't do anything but escalate.  And the people they need to escalate to only work M-F...

My list of demands grows by the second...

• Sad 1

I am sorry for your troubles.

There are bad days with dealerships and then what you are going through.

A whole new level of suck.  Those people must be insane. 

Sorry for your troubles with your new car. I’m sure it gives you buyers remorse immediately. Didn’t even get to enjoy it. Hoping they at least attempt to make it right.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would demand another car, not the same one!!!!!  Makes me wonder what else is wrong with it.

My last MOPAR was a 1947 Plymouth.

Matt

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 4:44 PM, kevzskim4 said:

Well that ended quickly - 4 hours yesterday and 70 miles and new one had complete engine failure.  Waiting to make left, engine sputtered and stopped (kind of chitty chitty bang bang style) and that was it. 

Beyond furious.  Dealer (first time working this dealer) has been totally aloof...Finally got an e-mail back that it's an engine issue, and the SRT tech is out on Saturdays...Nice $55k paperweight.

Dodge better make this right.

We keep getting offers from Dodge to buy our 18 SRT Charger  (6.4 last of the non hellcat SRT's)

Your 6.4l died, what happened/how, what is complete engine failure......

On weekends Dodge dealers are a pain in the ass, it's hit or miss depending on who you are dealing with.......

Our 6.4l SRT Charger  had a oil leak and after many trips to 2 different dealers, we got taken care af by a closer one and not the one we purchased it from. They put us in a brand new Jeep Gladiator for a month......as they had to get a NIB crate motor and install that........

Finally heard back from this great dealer.  Broken valve spring.  Doesn't seem right for a failure at 70 miles.  They claim they scoped the cylinder and the valve didn't fall...and it runs so it's fine.

Finally heard back from this great dealer.  Broken valve spring.  Doesn't seem right for a failure at 70 miles.  They claim they scoped the cylinder and the valve didn't fall...and it runs so it's fine.

I’m not a mechanic but a valve spring breaking at 70 miles doesn’t seem like a good start. Faulty part maybe? Unfortunately all car companies have problems with certain parts.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk