[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Rampy

World Class National Museum of Military Vehicles Dubois Wyoming

So this is finally opening 7 Aug and God willing & the creek don't rise, we shall be somewhere in the vicinity :D::segrin::usa1:

They have on display The Dutch smoothbore . 79-caliber Type III flintlock musket with bayonet that John Simpson used to fire the first shot at the Battle of Bunker Hill

https://nmmv.org/

• Like 1

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've been wanting to get back to Dubois for a long time. I know where there is a spear point up above town that I need to go pick up.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
1 minute ago, MontanaLon said:

I've been wanting to get back to Dubois for a long time. I know where there is a spear point up above town that I need to go pick up.

It's a tourist mecca now with tons of campers and such, if that spear point is not way off the beaten path, it might be gone......heck, is it even legal to collect old artifacts like that, I've got no idea.....

I've always been fascinated by WWII armor.  Especially, those employed by Germany, and Russia.  Wow!  Love to see a real Tiger, or a self-propelled gun close-up! :cool:

3 minutes ago, Rampy said:

It's a tourist mecca now with tons of campers and such, if that spear point is not way off the beaten path, it might be gone......heck, is it even legal to collect old artifacts like that, I've got no idea.....

Yes, it is well off the beaten path. Laying out on the prairie where a prairie dog dug it up and left it on the mound of his burrow. Prairie dog met high velocity 50gr bullet and I walked the couple hundred yards out on the prairie to take a picture. Didn't notice the spear point until I got the film developed and there is laying right next to the prairie dog, plain as a rat turd in the sugar bowl.

That's a cool story, Lon.  In Michigan; if you know where to look you can find neolithic arrowheads, stone axe-head, and flints.

6 hours ago, Zephyr One/Zero said:

I've always been fascinated by WWII armor.  Especially, those employed by Germany, and Russia.  Wow!  Love to see a real Tiger, or a self-propelled gun close-up! :cool:

This place is said to have Japanese, German & Russian armor/vehicles among the displays..:tiphat:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MontanaLon said:

Yes, it is well off the beaten path. Laying out on the prairie where a prairie dog dug it up and left it on the mound of his burrow. Prairie dog met high velocity 50gr bullet and I walked the couple hundred yards out on the prairie to take a picture. Didn't notice the spear point until I got the film developed and there is laying right next to the prairie dog, plain as a rat turd in the sugar bowl.

Ha, very cool.....