[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Flesh Wound

I did it. Bought a new bolt gun in 6.5CM

[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Decided on the Savage 110 LRH. This particular model is special for Scabela's/Bass Pro Slops.

Dude has it NIB. He was up front and said it was a shelf/demo model.

Specs: 26" barrel with adjustable brake, Accutrigger and AccuStock. Multiple cheek combs etc.

Pics tomorrow once the sun comes back out.

Now to find a good mount for the Diamondback II I have sitting here.

• Like 3

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:christmas-tree-3:

It's like Christmas in September.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congratulations..

Nice!  

Ordered a Leupold 20MOA 1 piece mount. Should be here by the weekend. We are scheduled for a range trip to the private outdoor space in North Texas in 2 weeks. I'm itching to go. I think I have a Harris bipod here somewhere. Although I'm looking at Atlas and Magpul.

2 hours ago, Flesh Wound said:

I think I have a Harris bipod here somewhere. Although I'm looking at Atlas and Magpul.

Don't waste time looking at the Magpul. It's garbage for a precision rifle. The built in wobble just adds inconsistency.

I've got an Atlas and a GG&G, and I like them both for different reasons. YMMV

• Like 1

Congrats on the savage!  I've got several and none of them disappoint me in the area of triggers and accuracy!

Might look at the Harris swivel type bipods. Also I'd look into getting a level for your scope if you don't already have one.

45 minutes ago, newbe said:

Might look at the Harris swivel type bipods. Also I'd look into getting a level for your scope if you don't already have one.

I have a Harris somewhere around here. It does not look as beefy as the Atlas or GG&G. But it will go on my sling stud without adding a rail.

I have a scope level. I even drew and 3D printed an adapter so it will go on a rail.

level3.jpg.dbe646c3ebda0982d0222910b4770c60.jpg

• Like 2

Whoo-Hooo!

My Leopold 20 MOA scope mount got here. Mounted the Diamondback II I had originally mounted on my PA10 upper. 

The Harris SL bipod fits great too. So no more money I'm going to have to spend on setup. It's ready for testing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flesh Wound said:

Whoo-Hooo!

My Leopold 20 MOA scope mount got here. Mounted the Diamondback II I had originally mounted on my PA10 upper. 

The Harris SL bipod fits great too. So no more money I'm going to have to spend on setup. It's ready for testing.

We want pics of dead paper! Pics of the rifle would be good too!

Not going to spend more money?? :ROFLLMAO:

At some point you're going to want more glass than that Diamondback. You'll probably swap out that Harris too.

I'll also suggest a Precision Underground rear bag. Their fill is awesome!

https://precisionundergroundriflegear.com/     Watch the video.

• Like 1

On October 5, 2020 at 8:57 PM, Longhair said:

We want pics of dead paper! Pics of the rifle would be good too!

Not going to spend more money?? :ROFLLMAO:

At some point you're going to want more glass than that Diamondback. You'll probably swap out that Harris too.

I'll also suggest a Precision Underground rear bag. Their fill is awesome!

https://precisionundergroundriflegear.com/     Watch the video.

I would agree with you on the scope, but the Harris type-s bipod should be plenty good enough.  Maybe not as fancy as some of the others, but definitely high quality.  That's the one I use on the 6.5 RPR and my SPR AR15.

1 minute ago, newbe said:

I would agree with you on the scope, but the Harris type-s bipod should be plenty good enough.  Maybe not as fancy as some of the others, but definitely high quality.  That's the one I use on the 6.5 RPR and my SPR AR15.

I've got 'em on my SPR, Ruger Predator, RPRR, Howa Axiom, and Savage 10FP/LE. They work, but on LRR's something more robust is definitely an advantage. My Howa APC sports a GG&G, and my Howa Axiom is going to have an Atlas replacing the Harris the next time it goes to the range.

Congrats  :thumb:

Got out to do some shooting yesterday with the new rifle. 

I am very happy. This rifle *is* a shooter.

After sighting in and adjusting to different distances I was able to hit the 8" steel plates out at 300 yards with ease. Looked like about a 3-1/2" group. I'm stoked considering my crappy technique. I really need to work on this.

Some thoughts on shooting this. The Harris bipod is great. Super stout and steady. And Longhair was right. At 300 yards that 8" plate was pretty small even at 24X magnification on the Diamondback.

My Cabella's rear rest could have been a bit taller. But it worked well enough.

Sorry no pics. I flat out completely forgot. No targets to show. Today was a strictly for fun day. I lost the book with the load data for the ammo I took along so no point other than to use it up just shooting for fun.

• Like 3

[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]