[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Nwatson99

Amelon Firearms Micro-Slick

Well I found (2) FA BCG's I forgot I had on Monday (1) Daniel Defense and (1) Bravo Company. I have them boxed up and heading out to Amelon in the morning for some micro-slick. :banana:

If you do not have your BCGs' micro-sliked I highly suggest you get it done and quickly.  

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the tariff on that process?

Greg

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
2 minutes ago, GLShooter said:

Greg

This

On 10/14/2020 at 5:30 PM, GLShooter said:

Greg

Ditto.

Terry

I just went to the website and they have ZERO info on cost. That makes me wary. I understand how the cost of coating entire firearms may be subject to individual pricing but the price for coating a bcg should be pretty standard.

Terry

Hey guys sorry, normal price is $50.00 per BCG

If you are a Armory member it is $40.00, but you need to call or email Dan to let him know your screen name and what you are sending.

Thanks Neil. That is good info.

Greg

Thanks!

Boss, is microslick the same as cerakote or is it a different process.

I noticed they do gun repairs/stock restorations.  I have a field grade Sterlingworth Fox 20 gauge SXS that I rescued from my dumb uncles shed bench 45 years ago, refinished my self, and used heavily. It has been in the safe for some time needing care beyond what I can give it.   Would that be the kind of work they do there ? If I could use that gun again I would be in heaven. 

Dan does this stuff all the time, he has refinished several firearms for me personally and always does a great job. I say give him a call and talk to him about what you want.

6 hours ago, BigCountryDevil said:

Dan does this stuff all the time, he has refinished several firearms for me personally and always does a great job. I say give him a call and talk to him about what you want.

Thanks. I love this old gun, and it was my constant companion when I started upland hunting at age 15.

The stock needs work, the rib between the barrels needs work, but it is light as a feather, fits me perfectly and points and swings like a dream. All of the lock work is solid so I don't see why it could not be fixed. It will probably cost me more to fix than it is worth. The fancy dudes at the Trap and Skeet club used to snicker at me, until I beat them or their kids. 

RetCop

The microslik is much different, it acts as an lubricant / anti friction coating and with this coating I have shot my BCG's bone dry and they have all functioned flawlessly.

This coating for example I explain to the locals around here that ask me, if you take 3 drops of oil to lubricate a phosphate BCG, it will require 1 drop of oil to do the same lubrication on a micro-slik BCG

Every single BCG that is not chromed have been micro-sliked, this includes all my spares that is how much I believe in Dan and this coating.

My BCGs have returned: Left is BCM, Right is Daniel Defense

small.1822883764_BCMandDDBCG.JPG.141104e

small.1669560896_BCMBottomShot.JPG.bcdc4

small.131214761_BCMSideShot.JPG.2816dbd8

small.1719418513_DDBolt.JPG.acd681c8a5f1

small.1350296352_DDDisassembled.JPG.b304

small.1098784816_DDRetainerPin.JPG.e9b34

17 minutes ago, Nwatson99 said:

RetCop

The microslik is much different, it acts as an lubricant / anti friction coating and with this coating I have shot my BCG's bone dry and they have all functioned flawlessly.

This coating for example I explain to the locals around here that ask me, if you take 3 drops of oil to lubricate a phosphate BCG, it will require 1 drop of oil to do the same lubrication on a micro-slik BCG

Every single BCG that is not chromed have been micro-sliked, this includes all my spares that is how much I believe in Dan and this coating.

My BCGs have returned: Left is BCM, Right is Daniel Defense

small.1822883764_BCMandDDBCG.JPG.141104e

small.1669560896_BCMBottomShot.JPG.bcdc4

small.131214761_BCMSideShot.JPG.2816dbd8

small.1719418513_DDBolt.JPG.acd681c8a5f1

small.1350296352_DDDisassembled.JPG.b304

small.1098784816_DDRetainerPin.JPG.e9b34

Thanks much for the info.

I'll assume there's no prep work before you send it off but wonder what they do other than a good caustic dip to remove oils.  I have BCGs with varying levels of roughness relative to surface finish.  Of course, the wear/sliding surfaces are all pretty much the same.  

7 hours ago, Winkel said:

I'll assume there's no prep work before you send it off but wonder what they do other than a good caustic dip to remove oils.  I have BCGs with varying levels of roughness relative to surface finish.  Of course, the wear/sliding surfaces are all pretty much the same.  

Just send them, trust me. I know he sand blasts them and some other things before he micro sliks them.

I break all my down clean, oil, and wipe them once they come back, they have just a tad of residue left on them.