[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is it that a 1 in 9 inch twist rate is not mentioned in any of the .308 builds for ar-10 with 18"+ barrels shooting 168Gr+ bullets.  I am building an AR-10 and want to shoot heavy for bullet rounds.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carl settled on 9.73:1 and they shoot well along with the 8.5 for the really heavy stuff. One thing is that the polygon barrels delivered about one twist faster than a standard Enfeild barrel. I've always been able to shoot one step higher bullet wise in a given twist should be able to do.  Also for same same twist I have never failed to exceed published speeds on manufacturer data.

Greg

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]