[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

39 minutes ago, MontanaLon said:

I was thinking some aluminum bronze, that stuff is pretty dang tough but works really nice. If I were going to do the lead screw I'd probably use A1 tool steel. I can usually get it cheap and it works really nice and hardens easy without worrying about distortion. 

Taps run $50 and up new. $50 being the imported stuff. It usually isn't too hard to find a used tap on ebay that is affordable. Cutting an internal acme would be easier in bronze than steel but the cost would be 8x times higher for screwups.

Aluminum bronze is fun stuff to work with. I like the idea of brass as it's easy to work with and has some good lubricating properties like the bronze but not as spendy.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks for input i think ill trash the vise and buy new. Saw a wilton forged vise for 279 at northern tool with vet discount ill get it around 275 after tax. Ill have to save but doable in a few months

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
21 minutes ago, adamr19745 said:

Thanks for input i think ill trash the vise and buy new. Saw a wilton forged vise for 279 at northern tool with vet discount ill get it around 275 after tax. Ill have to save but doable in a few months

For goodness sake, do not trash it. It is repairable and someone out there would be willing to do the repairs and give it a new lease on life.

18 hours ago, adamr19745 said:

I have a $20 coupon code for Northern you can have

18 hours ago, MontanaLon said:

For goodness sake, do not trash it. It is repairable and someone out there would be willing to do the repairs and give it a new lease on life.

This. Somebody can fix that.

[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]