[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I leave Wednesday morning for a projected two week ride through New Mexico, Arizona and Utah, with maybe Colorado thrown in..North Rim of Grand Canyon and most of the southern half of Utah..may return by way of Colorado to avoid crossing New Mexico twice..

I'll know by the time I get back (or before), but this may be my last extended ride..at 75, recovery time is longer and it may be time to start limiting trips to two or three days..I'll be trying to mitigate by staying two nights in several places instead of one..anyway, for now I'm excited about the possibilities..I see a day coming, unless this country wakes up by retreating from being woke, where we have far less freedom to travel..God Bless America..:salute:

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

13 days and I'm back at the house..

North Rim Grand Canyon

Zion National Park

Bryce Canyon National Park

Escalante Staircase

Capital Reef National Park

Cayonland National Park North..South closed due to some flooding

Arches National Park

Monument Valley

Stayed 2 nights in Mexican Hat (might have had adult beverages)

Good trip and, yes, my long distance riding is probably done..

• Like 1

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That is a heck of a ride. My SIL and her boyfriend went out west this Spring. They trailered the bike out and then took day rides around. He bought a camper for his truck and they did the whole trip for gas and food. Spent the nights in the camper wherever they found themselves on public land. Only had "the law" come to visit them once in South Dakota parked out on the National Grasslands. Otherwise it was uneventful and they didn't end up saddle sore and paying for a hotel every night. When they needed to they found a truck stop and got a shower but otherwise they were self sufficient. I think they did hit a laundromat at one point but that was mostly because they got caught in a rain shower and were soaked. So they changed clothes, washed and dried everything and were back at it in an hour or 2. At some point in the next few years I want to take the whole family out west. Put the popup camper behind the van and go visit the best part of the country, the least densely populated portions.

Yep, I need to reset my behavior from the old Harley "It's not the destination, it's the journey" as a little over 3,000 miles is a younger man's game..

Well, the old man got a reprieve..son bought him a Can Am Spyder RT Ltd today..3 wheels should keep the dance alive..

• Like 2

Well, the old man got a reprieve..son bought him a Can Am Spyder RT Ltd today..3 wheels should keep the dance alive..

That is awesome! Heck of a gift!

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is!!