[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone purchasing any new chainsaws lately?

Two weeks ago I ran the Stihl MS881 for two cuts at Stihl / Bryan Equipment in Ohio. 

• Like 1

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well I will start due to the flood and damage back in the mountains earlier this year there were several purchases made.

I purchased my dad a new MS251 CBE since he lost both of his saws in the flood.

For myself, MS261, MS 400, and MS 500I

Here are some pics of the MS500I

OEM: 

small.2063581711_OEM500I2.JPG.60bf45ec74

and 

small.969830065_OEM500.JPG.53a5b5c536d12

The Purge Primer, this is the first fuel injected saw in the world, so you have to purge the system from air and put the fuel in the system before starting;

small.919907944_500IPurgePrimer.JPG.6f8d

Time to tweak a little:

Stihl OEM Skeleton Spikes

small.1654608393_NewSpikes.JPG.85bfe2d6b

Along with Western Style Clutch Cover for more protection on discharge

small.913730611_500INewSpikes.JPG.44fb7a

small.930602040_500INewSpike3.JPG.15e8a3

500I New Spikes 2.JPG

New Stihl Starting Handle for way more comfort:

small.874341468_500IStartingHandle.JPG.3

Now a little problem I have found with this saw, researched it on the net and confirmed others have had the same issue.

The air filter lacks a wee bit on sealing to the air filter housing, so I added a air and fuel proof 1/8" thick neoprene washer behind the OEM foam washer which it does seal better and has a tighter sealing fit.

small.1730776455_500IAirFilter.JPG.b2ffa

small.788345368_500IAirFilterFix.JPG.3d4

Edited by Nwatson99
Added pics of 500I
  • Like 2

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still got the same ole stuff.

SANY5198.jpgSANY5200.jpgSANY5202.jpgSANY5203.jpgSANY5208.jpg

• Like 1

Dang brother still in the bigger wood I see.

• Like 1

I'm still running the same old saws, too. 

Had an old dead oak to take down in the front yard. Had to buy a 36" bar and chains for the 066 Magnum (Phyllis).

W2INzAR.jpg

HdoB1Rr.jpg

Used the MS391 & 20" bar to take most of it apart.

VzcO5r3.jpg

kmvpMwG.jpg

Edited by Longhair
  • Like 2

LH still rocking the 066 magnum I see.

I have a good size oak to cut up for my neighbor next door as soon as this covid crap is done, the 261 and 500 will go to work on it in a few weeks. 

I worked on this tri-pod back in early summer with the MS400 and 25" bar for a buddy of mine on his place.

small.MS400.JPG.baf30266bb30e7bbb1493672

small.532949444_MS4002.JPG.3fb36ce7d0156

• Like 2

Still running the Husqvarna 372XP. It just keeps on cutting and does not ask anything of me. I did replace the air filter last year but I won't do that again anytime soon. I got 13 years out of the old one just cleaning it out every now and then. 

I cut a couple smaller pines out of my yard last year.......

dQjxZDn.jpgQuuh4Aw.jpg

1tAdiXn.jpg

p1G2p58.jpg?1

Bought a husky back pack blower and weedeater too. Sweet running machines. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nwatson99 said:

LH still rocking the 066 magnum I see.

It runs too well for me to consider another saw.

I have all the stuff to make her pretty again, but I can't stop using her long enough to get it done.

• Like 2

TT that is a heck of a wood pile you have going on there brother. 

LH take a few hours, make that old girl like new again and get the new 661, Guy locally had a 066 but really rough shape so I passed on it was worried I could not get all the parts to re-do it and dang sure was not going to put the china clone crap on it.

Been skidding Douglas fir down the mountain to my landing for cutting them up and hauling them home. 

Ep8vqVP.jpg

ExMMUS1.jpg

zslxHIb.jpg

Hauled some home to cut up as well...

yVFGGEC.jpg?1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nwatson99 said:

TT that is a heck of a wood pile you have going on there brother. 

LH take a few hours, make that old girl like new again and get the new 661, Guy locally had a 066 but really rough shape so I passed on it was worried I could not get all the parts to re-do it and dang sure was not going to put the china clone crap on it.

I keep 8-10 cords at the house. One day I will quit but that day is not here yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nwatson99 said:

Most of what I have for her are pieces I picked up over time. A lot of it was "new old stock". The chassis I have is the newer style with flippy caps, but if I run across a good old style for the right price before I get around to it......

• Like 1

I love the smell of fresh wood chips in the morning.

Matt

34 minutes ago, HAZMAT said:

I love the smell of fresh wood chips in the morning.

Matt

I love running the saw(s), but the work starts when I shut the saw off, and the older I get the more like work it is. :old1:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Longhair said:

I love running the saw(s), but the work starts when I shut the saw off, and the older I get the more like work it is. :old1:

Amen to that Brother :sweating:

L9b2Crva-650x487.jpeg

Bought that bad boy when they were $535.00 from Baileys :thumb:

Upon retiring MY Echo EVL 550 ( The Evil Saw cut anything you put to it ) Ignition pickup module took a crap after 20 + years and 10's of K's of cuts .

Still have MY limbing saws Echo's 280E and Newer 355T  run like nothing else I've owned .

I just got them ALL out of the container two weeks ago ,as I've got two neighbors downed trees to clean up for them , along with our trees which are in need of trimming also .  Many Years back sold off most all My professional saws blades and chains ,

along with the  Bench chain maker/sharpener . Going to use New Husqvarna H82 skip square chisel chain as trees are softwood :thumbs2:

wTlKrUy.jpg

4utq3gi.jpg?1

VfvZPL0.jpg?1

syWIJp6.jpg?1

0KRRqky.jpg?1

sAg84iT.jpg?1

Days gone bye all but distant memories now .

• Like 2

[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]