jimswanson

5.7 FN upper

I've decided to try out the 5.7 FN cartridge for my 3-Gun needs. I keep seeing the FN upper for $700-$800. Anyone have a better price? I figure I can get away with using this for the shorter range courses that my local match has, and get the FN pistol in the same cartridge for quick shots on steel. Anyone see a hole in my plans? Also, my local match requires a pistol caliber carbine, and I believe that this cartridge fits the bill. Thanks.

Jim

I've decided to try out the 5.7 FN cartridge for my 3-Gun needs. I keep seeing the FN upper for $700-$800. Anyone have a better price? I figure I can get away with using this for the shorter range courses that my local match has, and get the FN pistol in the same cartridge for quick shots on steel. Anyone see a hole in my plans? Also, my local match requires a pistol caliber carbine, and I believe that this cartridge fits the bill. Thanks.

Jim

Jim,

That is way to high for the upper. They can be had for around 600 ish.

Here is one off hand that comes with 5 50 round mags and 200 rounds of ammo for 696.00 http://palmettostatearmory.com/sp11.php

Gunbroker has some good deals as well. Unfortunatly I dont think that any of our forum sponsors carry them.

Are you sure you can use that round for 3 gun? I thought the caliber had to be 38 or larger? Check into it and if so you will love it.

Jim,

That is way to high for the upper. They can be had for around 600 ish.

Here is one off hand that comes with 5 50 round mags and 200 rounds of ammo for 696.00 http://palmettostatearmory.com/sp11.php

WOW!!! That's an awesome price on that upper combo. I will be placing an order through them next week.

As for the pistol, I don't know if the RO will allow it. Assuming we get a match going at the end of February, I'll ask then. Snow killed the last one. Thanks for the link!

Jim

WOW!!! That's an awesome price on that upper combo. I will be placing an order through them next week.

As for the pistol, I don't know if the RO will allow it. Assuming we get a match going at the end of February, I'll ask then. Snow killed the last one. Thanks for the link!

Jim

No problem. You will love the upper. I do. I went ahead and just built an entire gun out of it. Im going to sell the RRA lower and slap a BRO lower on it soon.

After you get the upper and want some real ammo, check out Elite Ammo's site. They are a forum sponsor and have some crazy stuff. The S4 feels like an entire new round when your used to shooting the SS197SR

I been considering a 5.7 upper myself. I guess I just dont understand the advantages of the 5.7 over a standard 5.56

Copes used to carry them at $under $600 if memory serves.

Looks like they only have the pistol version now for $575.

hmmm... I have an AR pistol....

NO!! BAD TIM!!!! Stupid state... If I didn't have the magazine restrictions...... (I know I know... old news....)

I been considering a 5.7 upper myself. I guess I just dont understand the advantages of the 5.7 over a standard 5.56

There is non because the 5.7x28 is a PDW platform and round. Both the pistol and P90/PS90 replace the M9. The FsN pistol gives you rifle like range and performance. It shines in places M4's are impractical in, tank crews, air crews ect. Think of the 5.7 in the way the 30 carbine worked along side the Garand.

The AR57 gives you a cheap way to enjoy and use the 53.7x28 platform. The AR57 uses the PS90 50 round magazines. Also Sub Sonic round function flawlessly in the AR57upper unlike SS round in an AR.

Many guys use AR57 uppers for hunting. Combined with our X-terminator load it's proven deadly as hell on feral pig out west. The 50 round mag lends it's self nicely to extended hunts.

The AR57 SBR upper on a AR pistol lower performs better then the 5.56 in SBR platform since the 5.56 suffers when fired from shirt barrel.

The 5.7x28 was from the outset designed for a 10.5 in barrel. Both the round, carbine and pistol where designed together at the same time also.

Round: S5+P PFP

Type: 30 grain Trident PFP

Application: Civilian/ Law Enforcement / Military round designed to defeat multiple layers of body armor while generating substantial tissue damage. Projectile fragments into 2 or 3 sections.Restricted: Capable of defeating 56 layers of Kevlar while still penetrating 9.0 inches of 10% ballistic gelatin or 6 inches of pork shoulder pulverizing shoulder bone.

FiveseveN Pistol

2,470 fps 407 Ft-Lb’s

P90

2,745 fps 502 Ft-Lb’s

PS90

2,995 fps 598 Ft-Lb’s

FsN USG Pistol 15 feet5.7x28 S5+P PFP 10% 14"x6" gel block test

Control shot: .17cal BB 4.2" penetration

Penetrated block 12 inchesFsN USG Pistol 15 feet5.7x28 S5+P PFP

Bone in Pork shoulder. Two Point Blank Level ll vests. Penetrated both vests 6 inches of meat the struck and pulverized entire bone.

FsN USG Pistol 15 feet5.7x28 S5+P PFP 10% 14"x6" gel block test Control shot: .17cal BB 4.2" penetration

Two Point Blank Level ll vests shot: complete penetration of both vests, penetrating 9 inches into gel block

I want one so bad but i would have to make it a sbr with a fixed ace stock and mega billet lower and rra stage 2 trigger group!

IMG_3782.jpg

If it would be half as fun as this thing was its worth it!

Edited by skerky10mm

i would love to use a bro lower but they are pricey but who knows i might go with the bro and make a all mega sbr using there mono upper!