Sign in to follow this  
AdamS

Microslick

i have a dpms sportical upper, because it is what i could afford at the time, but i am really liking it now, so instead of getting a new upper, i was thinking about having the barrel microslicked.

i have read in another thread that you would prefer to microslick and creakote the barrel, instead of just microslik the inside of the barrel.

1.) assuming the creakote is done to the outside of the barrel, is this something i would pick a color in, or is this a type of clear hardener/whatever that basically protects it from rust.

2.) if i get the microslik done to the inside of the barrel, would it be wise to microslik the entire upper receiver on the inside, or is that generally something that isnt done? OR should i have the Bolt Carrier Microslik'd instead of the upper receiver?

3.) is microslik something that will prolong the life of a non-chrome lined barrel, and improve the function of the Bolt carrier?

Sorry for the 20 questions routine, i just dont know alot about this process and what is right/wrong to expect. i do know that i would like to get my gun creakoted eventually to a different color, but i that is something for later..

Thanks.

Thanks alot, that does help alot.

By the way, the color looks good on you shotgun and sidearm.

I guess the next step is to get in touch with them when i am ready to do this!

I have the inside of Barrels and BCGs coated with Microslik from Dan and yes it does work.

I can tell a big difference with the way lube goes on and stays on the BCG as well as the bore-snake running through the barrel.

I know this is sort of off the topic a little, but Dan microslik'd the inside of my Triumph barrel and boy, oh boy, what a difference it makes when it comes down to cleaning. He also did the breech plug and the pyrodex residue just wipes off as easy as you've ever seen. :)

I have to say I am getting really excited for my new barrel from Addax!

Fate(or rather the dumbasses at UPS) made me decide to go with a WOA barrel from Addax instead of the Sabre one.

The barrel I am now getting is cerekoated and has a microslicked bore. Chris said its supposed to break in with only 30 rounds and mentioned the cleaning will go faster and better.

I am a fan of anything that cuts down on cleaning time :laugh:

I also got a bolt from him that is miscroslicked. I may have to send the carrier group to be done as well(as the BCs that had been microslicked were sold out at the time).

I have to say I am getting really excited for my new barrel from Addax!

Fate(or rather the dumbasses at UPS) made me decide to go with a WOA barrel from Addax instead of the Sabre one.

The barrel I am now getting is cerekoated and has a microslicked bore. Chris said its supposed to break in with only 30 rounds and mentioned the cleaning will go faster and better.

I am a fan of anything that cuts down on cleaning time :laugh:

I also got a bolt from him that is miscroslicked. I may have to send the carrier group to be done as well(as the BCs that had been microslicked were sold out at the time).

The carrier is Cerakoted, and the bolt is Microslicked.

Very nice combination. :thumb:

Amelon did the coating work, and Dan did a fantastic job on these.

Thanks,

Chris

I'm dragging-butt right now... 1 hour to go then home to sleep and wait for the ups man :thumb: