[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
GLShooter

So, Who Is At The Bench Today?

[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On September 18, 2020 at 11:08 AM, Retcop said:

You may have just opened the door to a Nobel Peace Prize nomination on Chaos Theory  !

It didn't give me much peace :laugh:

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
On September 20, 2020 at 5:14 PM, BushXM15 said:

:ROFLLMAO: I would never have thought that possible   Sorry You had to find out but I've got to ask ; Why would You use spent primers for media tumbling :CONFUS12:

As their brass ,so cases on cases would be same without having to deprime again right . Whatever any of you do DON'T ever use Sand , a Friend of mine threw out his walnut medium because he thought it had worn out and replaced it with masonry sand and I SAW the results  :facepalm:

It sounded interesting and I wanted to see how well it worked, AND, get this....

I figured there's no way they'd get stuck in the primer pockets like an occasional pin will do sideways.

Figured recycle/repurpose.  Well I won't make that mistake again! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
On 9/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, GLShooter said:

At $0.45/pound I can't imagine being that parsimonious and switching to sand. I buy walnut by the 50 pound bag and charge it with NuFinish and mineral spirits.

Greg

I knew a guy who got used peen shot from a machine shop , he seemed to think it was the cats meow :dontknow:

I've tried near everything short of diamond dust and probably because it's non obtainable on My budget anyway :segrin:

I'll stick with ceramics and walnut , it's been working for years and seems to keep it's abrasive edge for near ever and I've got a lifetime supply :thumb:

If it ain't broke don't fix it , just Tune it :segrin:

4 hours ago, BushXM15 said:

I knew a guy who got used peen shot from a machine shop , he seemed to think it was the cats meow :dontknow:

I've tried near everything short of diamond dust and probably because it's non obtainable on My budget anyway :segrin:

I'll stick with ceramics and walnut , it's been working for years and seems to keep it's abrasive edge for near ever and I've got a lifetime supply :thumb:

If it ain't broke don't fix it , just Tune it :segrin:

I've only run in to ceramic users being  the guys that do black powder. So far SS has been my salvation for a step above walnut.

Greg

Started working on 400 of the 2014-2016, pulled primed Federal 6.8 SPC brass I have.

sPUjDFr.jpg

There's 350 cases in here...

Got the necks resized, a few needed a slight setback on the shoulder to headspace right. 

Each was checked with the Hornady headspace comparator and Sheridan 6.8 case gauge. 

Got 50 cases prepped for assembly, case length, chamfered and deburred.

Going to top them with the Speer 6.8 SPC 90 gr. Gold Dots.

dHZ7pxC.jpg

Got a few loaded up.

Worked on some of the .223 cartridges for my boss earlier this week.

DD9K9Rn.jpg

My little alien buddy is scratching his head wondering why I'm reloading for a caliber I don't own... Told him, "Because some people learned nothing from the O'Bummer administration!".

Finished off the last of the 64 gr, Bergers and started loading the 64 gr. Sierra TGK's.

It was his birthday on Friday, so he got a nice surprise.

Thanks,

Glenn

• Like 1

And so it begins anew. Now that I've got a new tube in the house I need to get busy, open a data book for the rifle and begin with little things like measuring OAL for seating depth.

I hope I have already made a "special" case for my Hornady OAL tool...

[[Template core/global/global/pagination is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]